Thursday, November 4, 2010

Empty

So, today was like any other day.  I went to class, ate, napped, ate, did homework, ate, and did some more homework.  But while in the middle of doing some homework with a friend, I was overwhelmed with an extreme feeling of emptiness.  It was really weird... well, is really weird because I still feel it now.  Nothing has gone wrong that I know of; actually, everything is great.  So why do I feel so empty?  Is it because I'm not close to family?  Is it because of the awful events that have happened this semester to people around me?  Is it because of a lack of having a significant other?  Or is it because I haven't studied the Bible for a while?

Whatever it is, I hope I can overcome it.  This feeling of emptiness... I don't like it.  I don't feel like myself.  While doing my homework, I suddenly became very apathetic about completing it.  I mean, yes, the homework is awful and I hate it because the class is horrible, but I usually make an effort to finish it... Or at least I want to finish it.  No, this time I just didn't care.  I still don't care that it's not done.  I need to shake this off.  I'll pray for guidance, strength and peace of mind.  Hopefully, God will answer my prayers.  No, I take that back.  He will answer my prayers; He always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment