Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend!

Hey guys!

Well, I'll post some pictures from this weekend to start this thing off :)

Before the semi-formal

:)

Roomies :D

I... was a... rockstar

Errbody who stayed til the end!

Twas a fun weekend, indeed!  I'm sad it's over :( but it's time to come back to reality.

Today started off like any other Sunday... well, except I missed church.  Lord, forgive me.  I had finished my Thermodynamics homework, which was a huge pain (more than usual), lazed around for a while, ate some Chinese food and went to a friend's house.  I'd say it was a pretty normal day.  I like days like these; they're chill and relaxed... kinda go-with-the-flow type days.  BUT, of course something has to go wrong... of course.

I really don't want to seem whiny or anything, but I did not get the venting session I needed today (for reasons out of my control).  So, here goes... I get very annoyed with flakiness.  Actually, it's one of my pet peeves (along with complaining).  No names will be mentioned, as usual.  People who know me know that it takes a lot to piss me off... a lot... or a lot of build-up.  Many times, if I start to get mad at someone, I will re-asses the situation to make sure I'm not overreacting about a small issue.  Well, I did that in this situation.  Have you ever been in any situation(s) where a friend, family member, co-worker, etc. makes some plan(s) with you but repeatedly "bails out"?  And I'm not talking about just once or twice because the first couple times should be fine... you know, you can let it slide.  But when it becomes frequent is when anger and tension arise.  I'm someone who takes promises and agreements very seriously.  If someone agrees to plans with me, I expect him/her to stick with those plans.  I mean, that's what I do.  Is it wrong for me to expect the same in return?  Because if it is, please let me know... I'm about 99.9999999 % sure it isn't wrong.  

I need to stop this rant now, even though I could go on for pages.  I haven't even gotten to the initiation of reconciliation yet.  Ohhhh buddy, that's a biggy too.  Being the person who always initiates reconciliation?  Yeah, that's me.  I'm sure others can relate to me when I say, IT GETS OLD.  AKLSDJFEISK!!!

You know what?  I just need to pray about it.  I need strength and guidance from God.  If you're reading this and are a believer (even if you're not and would like to help), please pray for my strength and guidance in these situations.  Ask that God gives me patience, understanding and forgiveness.  Pray that I am slow to anger, more so than I am now.  I hate being mad... I really really hate it, the feeling of animosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment