Monday, November 22, 2010

Reminiscence

In light of recent situations, I've been doing a lot of reminiscing...

I remember when I was in elementary school.  All I had to worry about was being top-dog at times table tests.

I remember when I was in middle school.  All I had to worry about was making good grades.

I remember when I was in high school.  All I had to worry about was getting into college.  Well, a good one.

And now I'm a senior at Mizzou.  What do I have to worry about now?  My future career.  Getting into med school.  Backup plans if med school doesn't work out.  Relationships.  My resume.  And so much more.  Thinking about all this is pretty overwhelming, but I'm surprisingly not worried.  Luckily, God has given me peace of mind at the moment.

I've also been thinking about relationships.  I've blogged about this before, but it was more aimed toward monogamous relationships.  I've been reflecting on relationships between friends.  There's that familiar quote, "Friends come and go, but [end phrase varies]."  Kinda sucks, doesn't it?  How friendships can go from being strong and tight to distant and weak within a couple months, to the point where that friend is almost like an acquaintance, or even a stranger.  It's the worst when this happens to a really close friend, or best friend, if you will. I'm not saying it's happened to me, but I feel like it's in the process of happening.  I've been trying to prevent it, but there's only so much one person can do.  After all, relationships are two-sided.  They just absolutely do not work if only one person is putting out the effort.

Luckily, God has blessed me with many close friends that I can turn to in times like these, and I am so thankful for them.  I just pray that God will help me mend this other friendship.

Anyway, Thanksgiving is coming up soon!  I've already been eating constantly during break, and I LOVE IT! Hahaha.  Okie, I'm gonna head to bed.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment