Thursday, October 21, 2010

And I thought Tuesday was a good day...

Hello again,

Well, the main reason of this entry is to let you all know.... I GOT MY FIRST INTERVIEW INVITE! :)))

If you didn't know, I'm in the process of applying to medical school (if you read my previous posts, you SHOULD know :P).  But, uh, yeah!  I got the email yesterday afternoon and I was FREAKIN OUT haha.  The invite is to Mizzou (the school I'm attending now).  I would definitely go to Mizzou for med school.  They have a good program and the students tend to do well in the board exams.  PLUS, they seem happy there.  *Side note: I read an article about how medical students are significantly more likely to go through depression, so going to a happy school is kind of a big deal*  The interview is on Tuesday... I KNOW, RIGHT?! So soon!!  But hey, God provided the opportunity and it's my responsibility to accept it.  This whole ordeal kinda made me realize how everything is actually happening.  This has been my dream for the past 21 years of my life, and it's slowly coming true.  God has been so good and I'm so thankful.

Random thoughts while I was walking to class...
Isn't it peculiar how we are the only species on Earth who are constantly striving to learn more?  (I thought about this when I saw someone doing homework at Life Sciences)
If we really think about it, how much of our daily life do we take for granted?  I mean, really think about it.  Look at the cars around, the buildings, roads, COMPUTERS, phones, shoes, clothing, desks, chairs, etc.  I feel like the majority of us (including me) take all of these for granted too much.  Dude, how freaking long did our highway system take to be built?  If you really think about it, the highway system is CRAZY brilliant.  And nanotechnology?? Who came up with that?!  It really is insane how we come up with these things.  It really reminds me to thank God for everything that He's given us.  Needless to say, the "thank you" portion of my prayer was extra long last night haha.

Oh snap, class is almost over.  Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment