Sunday, October 17, 2010

Genesis

What do Sundays remind you of?  They remind me of morning church services, procrastinated homework/projects/studying, afternoon naps (usually after a big buffet lunch), resting, a new week, God, and the coming of the next weekend.

So in church today, the sermon was about the seven (or six) days of creation.  I had never really given it much thought until this summer.  I was reading a philosophy book called "Signature in the Cell" with a group, and we touched base on this subject: Was the world created in literally six, twenty-four hour days?  Or was it created over a long period of time?  When I was very young, I always thought that God created Earth in six days and rested on the seventh day... 24 hour days.  I was little, so I just took everything literally (I mean that's kinda all I knew).  I look at it differently now.  In the sermon, the pastor talked about ancient Hebrew poetry and the different literary devices they used to use.  These included repetition, rhythm, elevated language, use of significant numbers (like seven and three), and other stuff I can't remember right now.

Okay, side note... Meeeechelle just gave me a new Rubik's cube to play with and it's distracting me hardcore.  It's one that has pictures on it too, so you gotta match those up too.  Gahhhh, last time this happened, I solved, shuffled, and resolved it so many times the pictures wore off...

Well, seeing as I've been thoroughly distracted and lost my train of thought because solving this cube is consuming my mind, I'll end this soon.

Ahem, basically I believe that God created the Earth over a long period of time... and not six, literal, twenty-four hour days.  There's also evidence in the Bible that causes many philosophers, and me, to believe that we are all in the seventh day of creation right now.  Kinda crazy to think about, huh?

Anyway, I gotta go.  This is too long for me and I wanna solve this cube.


OHHH WAIT!  I almost forgot!  Today is the first day Meeeechelle and I will be posting on our vlog :P.  So, uhh... stay tuned... for... that...

No comments:

Post a Comment