Monday, October 25, 2010

A new week = A fresh start

What is it about us that makes us hold grudges?  What is it that makes us sensitive?  Or detached?  Why is it that so many advise others not to let their emotions get the best of them?  And yet, emotions always do get the best of us.  What are emotions anyway?  Neurotransmitters firing in the brain?  Hormones surging through our blood vessels?  Why is it that emotions affect us the way they do?  No matter how hard we try to deny them... or push them away because it's just "too difficult" or "too complicated" to deal with.  I'm guilty of doing so.  I think everyone is guilty of doing so at some point in his/her life.

You know what?  I don't want to be like that anymore.  I don't want to "hide" from my emotions, or what I'm thinking, or feeling.  It's time to be bold.  Be true.

In Fall Conference - a weekend Christian retreat - we talked about being bold for the Kingdom of God.  Why not apply it to the rest of my life?  Be bold in interviews.  Be bold in classes.  Be bold in relationships.  Be bold with emotions.  No more hide and seek.  Just be bold.

What do we have to lose anyway?  Life is too short to dwell in "what if's" and "could have been's."

Be bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment