Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gumbo

NOM NOM NOM. Shannon made gumbo for dinner tonight.  It was sooo delicious - I've never had gumbo before.  She also made cornbread... I LOVE cornbread!  Btw, I fail at making non-Asian rice.

So, today was the big day!  I had my first interview for med school at Mizzou. YAHOOO!  I think it went pretty well.  There was only one question that kinda stumped me.  The whole process was a bit surreal to me.  I mean, I've been in the med school so many times, but this time was so different.  It was like I was a visitor... even though I knew the place well.  They took us on a tour of the place, provided us with lunch, and went through financial aid shtuff (yayyy... NOT).  In the middle of the tour, it kinda just hit me.... Wow, I'm actually on my way to accomplishing my dream.  No joke, this has been my dream for as long as I can remember.  I've always wanted to be a doctor, and it's slowly... becoming... real... This sounds familiar.  I feel like I've already blogged about that... Shoot. Aksjfoewasdkfjs.  Sorry...

Okay, moving on... These past couple days have made me realize how truly blessed I am.  I'm so thankful for everything God has given me: my friends, family, education, food, housing, health, opportunities, etc.  Yesterday I came home to an obscene amount of sugar cookies on my desk with a good luck message from Meeeechelle (picture below).  COMPLETELY made my day :))).  Then, throughout last night and today I was receiving good luck texts and prayers for my interview.  Each text made me more and more grateful for everyone in my life.  I must say, it was a great day.



I encourage everyone who reads this blog to count their blessings.  Set some time out to really thank God for everything He has provided for us.  I mean, I wouldn't be ALIVE if it weren't for Him.  None of us would be... So praise Jesus :)

1 comment:

  1. I am still impressed with my frosting skills... bubble letters? who does that?
    oh yes, me :)

    ReplyDelete